5 Ways VR Fitness is Revolutionizing the Way We Work Out
Virtual Reality or VR is in the news more and more these days. You’ve probably read about how VR is used for entertainment purposes. VR makes video games, and movies feel more realistic and interactive to players and viewers through headsets that immerse the user in a virtual experience.
In fact, the first thing you think of when you hear VR is probably an image of a gamer wearing VR goggles. The influence of VR stretches beyond the entertainment world, making waves in areas including education and health.
Did you know that VR has fitness applications as well? VR fitness combines working out with the virtual reality experience, revolutionizing how people exercise. Read on to find out five ways VR fitness is changing the fitness experience and how an Aeroski workout machine can bring VR fitness into your home exercise routine.
VR Makes Fitness More Interactive
It can be challenging to find the motivation to work out, especially when you’re tired of your regular fitness routine. If you’re used to traditional workouts in the gym, you might be sick of feeling like you’re stuck in one place. Whether you’re on the treadmill, exercise bike, or other typical exercise machines, if all you have to look at is the four walls of the gym around you, you’re bound to feel like you’re missing something.
VR makes workouts more interactive. Rather than staring at concrete blocks, you can put on a VR headset and be in the outdoor setting of your dreams. If a drab environment makes you lose interest in your exercise program, VR fitness is the answer.
Aeroski’s workout machine comes with a pair of VR goggles that allow you to immerse yourself in the alpine scenery when you download the app on your phone. An Aeroski workout simulates the motions of downhill skiing, so you’ll feel just like you’re on the slopes even though you’re actually in your living room! VR makes an Aeroski workout an exciting experience, so you’ll be motivated to maintain a regular exercise routine and reach new fitness goals.
Be Part of A Modern Fitness Refresh
VR is revolutionizing the fitness industry by bringing it into the 21st century. VR combines fitness with exciting modern technology for a more enriching experience. If you’ve been wondering how to incorporate technology into your fitness routine beyond the step counter on your wrist, VR fitness is an excellent addition to your exercise plans.
There are many VR fitness apps and experiences available, and more are being developed, so you’re sure to be able to find one that matches your interests. Even VR games you can play will let you get a workout along the way without even trying. These are a great way to get started with VR and stay active while you’re having fun.
An Aeroski workout machine is a perfect way to be a part of VR fitness. An Aeroski workout is a full-body experience, so you’ll be able to tone all the major muscle groups. Even better, you can use Aeroski’s VR goggles and the Aeroski fitness app for an immersive VR fitness experience.
Enjoy Physical and Mental Health Benefits
One study asked VR users how virtual reality impacted their mental and physical health. Overall, most participants stated that VR use had positive benefits for both their mental and physical health. In a difficult time, VR kept users occupied. The exercise activity level of VR users was also more likely to be vigorous than mild, suggesting that VR encourages a higher level of fitness.
VR fitness programs like Aeroski’s VR goggles with different scenery options immerse users in an interactive and engaging environment. Once you connect your Aeroski headset to the Aeroski fitness app, you can select from multiple virtual skiing locations, such as a mountainside retreat or a beautiful forest path. With Aeroski, you can have the ideal vacation skiing experience — complete with a great skiing workout and a scenic view — without leaving your living room. An Aeroski workout is a perfect way to prioritize your physical and mental health while exercising safely from home.
Consider the Innovative Rehabilitation Applications
VR fitness is not just about joining in on the latest exercise fad that’s trending in the headlines. Research has shown that VR fitness can be beneficial to individuals dealing with or recovering from various health conditions. Here are a few examples of areas in which VR fitness has aided rehabilitation efforts.
- COPD — One study found that a VR-based rehabilitation program helped COPD patients improve their mobility and physical health. Physical activity is an integral part of COPD treatment, and VR fitness can make staying active more enjoyable for COPD patients.
- Stroke — Another study utilized a VR exercise bike regime for patients who had suffered from strokes and found that the fitness routine improved the participants' physical activity level. VR may be a valuable tool in improving the fitness of patients as they recover from a stroke.
- Fibromyalgia — Research found that women who had fibromyalgia and participated in VR fitness had improved mobility skills and were less afraid of falling when exercising with VR than without it. VR fitness can help fibromyalgia patients feel more comfortable with the exercise and have better fitness abilities.
- Chronic Pain — While exercising with chronic pain can be difficult due to the increased discomfort associated with exercise for chronic pain patients, the virtual reality component of VR fitness can provide a distraction from the pain. This can allow chronic pain patients to have a more enjoyable exercise experience.
- Physical Therapy — Recovery with physical therapy can be a difficult journey, and patients can sometimes struggle with motivation. VR fitness is a fun activity to make the physical therapy experience more entertaining, so patients will be more likely to stick with their fitness plan and reach their health goals. VR fitness can also make physical therapy a more engaging experience at home, even when a trainer or physical therapist isn’t present.
Aeroski is a great home exercise machine that offers an immersive reality experience while individuals take part in an enjoyable physical activity. An Aeroski workout is also low-impact and does not stress your joints, making it a great option for individuals suffering from joint problems or those looking for a joint-friendly exercise machine to aid in their recovery from an injury.
VR Promotes Positive and Active Aging
VR fitness is beneficial for those of all ages. Research has shown that VR fitness can improve the quality of life and physical health of older adults. After taking part in VR exercises for just 15 minutes twice a week for six weeks, participants showed both improved happiness levels and fitness levels. Scores of mental and physical well-being were greater after VR use for six weeks than they were before the study, suggesting that VR can be a beneficial tool in keeping older adults happy and active.
When it comes to a VR fitness routine that’s great for people of any fitness level, Aeroski is the best option. Aeroski workout machine has beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of resistance and three levels of support so those of all exercise experience levels can use it. Aeroski offers the flexibility to meet you at your fitness comfort level and the VR scenery of your choice for a beneficial and enjoyable VR fitness workout.
Choose Aeroski to Get Started with VR Fitness
Aeroski workout machines are an affordable way to bring VR fitness into your daily workout routine. Some workout trends require a lot of training or are expensive to try out in your own home, but Aeroski makes VR fitness easy to get started with. To join in on all of the VR fitness fun and to get all of the benefits it brings, get an Aeroski workout machine for your home gym.
With the Aeroski skiing machine, VR goggles, and Aeroski’s fitness app, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a complete workout experience. Choose Aeroski’s integrated VR fitness program to revolutionize the way you work out!