The Aeroski Guide to Building An Effective At-Home Workout Plan
For many Americans, sticking to a workout routine right in their own living room has proven extremely effective and easier than they thought. When you’re contemplating investing in a piece of home gym equipment like Aeroski, many want the assurance that they’ll stick with it. That’s where an at-home workout plan is vital.
Recent research shows that nearly 70 percent of Americans believe they don’t need to exercise at a physical gym anymore, and more than 50 percent said they feel so confident in their ability to stay fit with their own at-home workout plan that they will likely cancel their gym membership entirely if they haven’t done so already.
How can you feel that confident in your at-home workout plan, too? Follow Aeroski’s guide to building a workout routine that fits with your lifestyle, and you’ll be enjoying a consistent lifestyle of health and happiness in no time.
Carve Out Manageable Time Slots
Whenever we start something new, it’s easy to go all-in and burn out fast. But when creating an at-home workout plan that you can stick to consistently, the key lies in setting realistic expectations.
But remember: that doesn’t mean you’re cutting corners. You can have an effective and healthy workout by chunking it into smaller amounts of time.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention even breaks down your time goals. For moderate-intensity aerobic activity, the CDC recommends 150 minutes a week. That could be:
- Five 30-minute workouts per week
- Two 15-minute workouts per day, five days a week (one in the morning and another at night)
- Three 50-minute workouts per week
- Or, whatever works for your that equals 150 minutes
You get the picture. Take that recommended 150-minute workout time and portion it out to fit your schedule. Don’t feel like you need to work out an hour every day of the week if that’s unmanageable for you. Follow the CDC guidelines and start small.
And remember that your Aeroski can burn more calories than a treadmill or stationary bike, so any amount of time you spend doing skiing fitness on it will be supercharged and highly effective, making every minute count.
Make It fun
Another key component to sticking with an effective at-home workout plan is making it fun. If you don’t enjoy your workout, you’re not going to do it. Finding an exercise you genuinely enjoy that turns your sweat session from a chore to a fun time will be your secret to sticking with a consistent healthy lifestyle.
Finding a fun piece of workout equipment could be the first step. For many people, Aeroski isn’t just a highly effective cardio machine. It’s their fun entertainment at the end of the day. Pair it with the VR Goggles and poles, and you’ve upgraded your workout to an entire virtual reality experience that makes you feel like you’re skiing on the slopes.
Studies show that skiing fitness is highly effective with many health benefits, so incorporating a sport that’s already known for its fun factor can really help you meet your health goals.
Whether you add the VR goggles or enjoy doing your skiing fitness workout in front of your favorite TV show, Aeroski is very easy to incorporate into your daily entertainment while also working out.
Count Your Chore Time!
When committing to an effective at-home workout plan, another vital tip is to be consistent. However, we definitely don’t want it to begin to feel like a chore. That’s not fun for anyone and will most likely lead you away from your healthy workouts and back toward old habits that give you the dopamine hits you crave simply because they’re more fun.
That’s right — you can burn significant calories simply by cleaning your house. By cleaning for at least 10 minutes straight (and maybe throw in some upbeat tunes while you work), you’ll be able to get your heart pumping enough to make it count!
Whether you decide to shorten your Aeroski session to only 10 minutes and then clean for the other 20 or decide to use your entire workout session to do a deep clean to get your sweat on — here’s an example of the amazing calorie burns you can achieve while doing everyday tasks:
- Vacuuming your house
- For someone who is 120 pounds, you can burn 99 calories by vacuuming your house. A 150-pound person can zap up to 124 calories, and someone around 200 pounds can sweat away 166 calories.
- Mowing your lawn
- Using a push mower will help you burn calories. For 30 minutes of mowing, you can burn 135 calories if you’re 125 pounds and 200 calories if you’re around 185 pounds. Have a push mower that doesn’t use any power? You can add 30 to 40 more calories to those totals.
- Washing your car
- Washing your dirty car by hand for 30 minutes can burn around 135 calories if you weigh 125 pounds and 200 calories if you weigh 185 pounds.
- Changing Your Sheets
- Stripping and remaking beds for 30 minutes not only will give you a nice, clean sleeping surface, it’ll also burn 187 calories for a 125-pound person and up to 300 calories for someone who weighs 200 pounds.
- Cleaning Up after Dinner
- Everyone’s got to eat. Now your healthy meal is pulling double time. A mere 30 minutes spent washing dishes by hand and cleaning the kitchen can help you burn up 187 calories for a 125-pound person and 300 calories for someone who weighs 200 pounds.
Reward Yourself With Your Extra Free-Time
One of the best benefits of sticking to an at-home workout plan is all the time you save going to and from the gym. Think about what all goes into a single evening trip to the gym:
- Driving to and from the gym
- Finding a parking spot and checking in
- Changing in the locker room (especially when it’s busy)
- Waiting for your favorite machines to not be in use
- Waiting for your favorite group class to start
- Cleaning up in the locker room and packing up
It all adds up! What may take an hour and a half after work at the gym can sometimes only equal maybe 30 or 40 minutes of active working out time. But at home, you set your schedule and make the rules. There are no commute times or long waits.
So what should you do with all that extra time? Reward yourself! Work in a special non-workout reward as part of your at-home workout plan with all the time you save.
If you know that after your 30-minute sweat session, you can relax with a bubble bath or watch your favorite show that you never have time for, you’ll most likely stick with your workout routine.
A recent poll discovered 82 percent of Americans appreciate that their new at-home workout plans that they’ve started due to the pandemic have allowed them to find more purposeful alone time. Use this perk to your advantage, and you’ll find that your at-home workout plan is so much easier to stick with than you expected.
Aeroski Makes At-Home Workouts Easy
Want to spice up your at-home workout plan by incorporating skiing fitness? Try Aeroski today!
Not only will you receive one of the most fun at-home exercise machines on the market, but you will have access to skiing fitness support and videos to help guide you every step of the way. Click here to learn more.